Manually loading Features from USB
If it is not practical to connect your Humax box to the Internet via a cable or wireless, then software packages can be loaded onto the Humax by placing them onto a USB Disk drive. The packages themselves can be downloaded from http://hpkg.tv/packages.html. Each package is available for download as an individual file or as a bundle. A bundle contains the package itself along with all of its dependencies, and is the recommended and easiest way to install software.
- Download the package(s) / bundle(s) you wish to add from WIKI Packages page
- Place the files in the root directory (top-level folder) of your USB device;
- Make sure the Humax is on and running normally;
- Plug the USB device into a port.
- The USB light will flash while the software is being installed;
- The TV may show a menu relating to accessing media on the disk which can be safely ignored (press Exit to dismiss);
- A log relating to the software installation will be created on the USB device, named opkg_install.log (See Below)
Here is an example opkg_install.log :-
Preparing bundle youtube-dl_2018.06.04_mipsel.opb Extracting from /media/drive2/youtube-dl_2018.06.04_mipsel.opb Extracting file youtube-dl_2018.06.04_mipsel.opk Extracting file ffmpeg_2.8-1_mipsel.opk Extracting file bzip2_1.0.4_mipsel.opk Extracting file lamemp3_3.98.4_mipsel.opk Extracting file wget_1.12_mipsel.opk Extracting file python_2.7.1-3_mipsel.opk Extracting file libutil_0.9.29_mipsel.opk Extracting file libreadline_6.2-1_mipsel.opk Extracting file ncurses_5.9_mipsel.opk Extracting file sqlite3_3.23.0_mipsel.opk End of /media/drive2/youtube-dl_2018.06.04_mipsel.opb Starting installation... Installing bzip2 (1.0.4) to root... Installing ffmpeg (2.8-1) to root... Installing lamemp3 (3.98.4) to root... Package lamemp3 (3.98.4) installed in root is up to date. Installing libreadline (6.2-1) to root... Installing libutil (0.9.29) to root... Installing ncurses (5.9) to root... Installing python (2.7.1-3) to root... Installing sqlite3 (3.23.0) to root... Package sqlite3 (3.23.0) installed in root is up to date. Installing wget (1.12) to root... Installing youtube-dl (2018.06.04) to root... Log out and in again to set PYTHONHOME Configuring ncurses. Configuring libreadline. Configuring sqlite3. Configuring bzip2. Configuring lamemp3. Configuring ffmpeg. Configuring wget. Configuring libutil. Configuring python. Configuring youtube-dl. Finished installation...